Birth of Modern Yoga, A 2-Week Online Course
May 3, 2016 - May 10, 2016
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Birth of Modern Yoga with Eric Shaw MA, ERYT500 – 3-Week Online Course
I’m really excited about a special online course I’m teaching called “Birth of Modern Yoga,” beginning May 3rd. I’ll cover the development of modern yoga including the latest insights into the origins and history of asana. It will be a concise synthesis of my work that you won’t find anywhere else.
Here are just a few of the subjects I will cover:
- Learn the key people, places and events that shaped the history of yoga.
- Discover how demographic influences (gender, class, cultural, religious) impacted the development of yoga
- Explore the contributions of Swami Vivekananda, Sri Krishnamacharya, K. Pattabhi Jois & B. K. S. Iyengar
- Learn the latest, most up to date research and discoveries on the origins of yoga postures.
- The translation of the practice from spiritual to fitness contexts
Please join me for this course. I think you’ll find it highly informative and valuable.
PS: The course will be recorded. You can watch anytime and don’t have to make the live events.
To learn more or register: Birth of Modern Yoga
Mettaversity is an online educational platform that produces courses on yoga, spirituality and social change. We provide cutting edge material with highly qualified instructors at an affordable price.Map Unavailable